A Bit About Us
What We’re All About And Where We Came From
Tippetts have been trading for the past 101 years, since Mr Walter Tippett first opened business in 1919. Repairing motorcars on Arlington Road, Surbiton till 1937. The firm then moved to it's present location on Ewell Road. By now the main focus of the business had shifted to motorcycles and a steady supply of AJS and Matchless machines passed through the doors.
As the war ended he took on two young men in the workshop and when, in the fullness of time, Walter died these two young hopefuls agreed to carry on the business and the Tippetts name. Thus were the foundations of the present company laid. Phil Alexander and Jack Wheeler brought a wealth of enthusiasm and hardwork to bear on the venture and in 1959 Tippetts Motors (Surbiton) Ltd
was launched as a Limited Company. A
stroke of luck in helping Honda to retain the Mordes Trophy resulted in the offer of the Honda franchise and so Tippetts were the second British Honda dealer appointed and remained the only original solus dealer in the country until March 2020.
We are now offering our outstanding knowledge and expert advice to the used bike bike market and our workshop to all makes and models